NDI takes seriously the privacy of its website visitors, program participants, donors, employees and others who provide personal data to the Institute.
The Information We Collect and How it is Gathered and Used
This notice applies to all personal data collected or submitted on NDI websites, as well as information submitted to the Institute through participation in NDI programs, applying for or holding employment with the Institute, doing business with the Institute as a vendor, or providing financial support to NDI and its programs. Personal data is data that can be used to identify a living individual. Identification can be from the information alone or in conjunction with any other data in an entity’s possession. NDI seeks to ensure that the personal data processed or controlled by the Institute is treated securely and in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations including, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
NDI collects only the personally identifiable data that is voluntarily provided to the Institute and is necessary for specific business purposes.This data is kept up to date, stored securely, and protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized disclosure through the use of appropriate technical measures. User personal data is retained only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained and in accordance with NDI’s data retention policy. When data is no longer required, NDI will irrevocably destroy all personal data submitted to it.
NDI collects personal data when an individual:
Uses Our Tools or Data
- If an individual requests an online resource or publication we collect personal information such as name and email address.
- We use this information to make the resource available to the individual.
Signs Up on NDI’s Mailing List to Receive Newsletters or Program Updates
- If a person chooses to sign up for periodic updates about NDI or NDI’s programs we collect names and email addresses.
- We use this information to send the newsletters or program updates.
Requests a Print Copy of A Publication
- If an individual requests a print copy of a publication, NDI collects personal information, such as name, address, telephone number.
- We use this information to send the requested publication.
Registers to Attend An Event or Participate in an NDI Program
- If an individual registers to attend an event or participate in an NDI program we collect information including name, email address, telephone number and place of employment.
- We use this information to invite individuals to events or to participate in programs and to provide information related to upcoming events and programs.
Participates in Person at an Event or NDI Program
- NDI may collect photographic images and video footage of NDI events and programs that may contain participants personal data (including image, name, region and affiliation.)
- This data may be used to illustrate NDI’s work to donors, as case studies or to promote related NDI events.
Applies for a position with NDI or Asks to be Notified of Employment Openings
- Applicants for positions at NDI, as well as individuals who ask to be notified of openings or wish to be included in NDI’s consultant database, will be required to upload CVs and may be required to update their information in the future. The personal information included on these CVs will be collected and stored by NDI.
- NDI uses this information to either notify individuals for suitable vacancies or to consider applications for an existing vacancy.
Makes a Donation to NDI or Purchases a Ticket to an NDI Event
- NDI collects credit card information, including the name, address and email address of the cardholder, the card number, expiration date and security code, should an individual choose to provide this information in order to make a donation to the Institute or to purchase tickets to an NDI event.
- NDI uses this information to process the payment and to send the purchaser or donor receipt of the transaction as well as information necessary for tax purposes.